We are looking for welders who can tackle projects of varying size, scope and complexity. Welding steel, aluminum, invar and other possible materials, we create structures for aerospace, defense, transportation, marine and the energy sectors. Put your talents to work by joining our team of welders today!
The Welder performs a variety of duties and utilizes multiple skillsets. Welders are required to follow detailed instructions and drawings carefully, have basic mechanical knowledge, manual dexterity, good eyesight and the ability to perform repetitive tasks. Technicians are primarily responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and fabrication of weldments, including cutting, grinding and finish welding operations.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Welder:
- Attention to detail and quality is required.
- Reads and understands blueprints, isometric drawings and work orders.
- Receives and carries out directions from designated Supervisors and Production Leads.
- Must be able to understand and comply with JI Safety Practices.
- Identifies and obtains equipment, tools and materials needed to properly perform job function.
- Knowledge and use of common hand tools and metal fabrication equipment.
- Sets up scaffolding and safety barriers under direction.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly, FOD free condition.
- Properly executes Hazardous Material Disposal activities.
- Performs on the job training, AS9100, Nadcap training and other training as required.
Job Duties May Include:
- Obtain JI Welding Certifications (as separate Certification).
- Metrology, part leveling, fixturing, equipment handling, laser tracker, radar and targeting as well as Spatial Analyzer Operation (as a separate Certification).
- Expert Competency in Metal Fabrication to exacting specifications and drawings.
- Accurate use of precision measuring instruments and working to exacting tolerances.
- Understanding of Math, Geometry and Trigonometry Skills.
- Janicki Certified, Overhead Crane, Forklift and Manlift Operation (as separate Certifications).
- Compliance with 5S, AS9100 and Nadcap Standards and Practices.
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines.
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance. This is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- Minimum requirement for all positions is a high school diploma or GED.
- College level or trade school education preferred.
- One or more years of experience in related field may be substituted for education.
- Experience in aircraft frame assembly/maintenance and/or painting would be a plus.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- 4+ years of welding experience strongly desired.
- Press brake experience a plus.
- Machining experience desired, especially specific to the use of HAAS machines.
- Use of laser trackers and metrology desired.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Standard welding and aerospace manufacturing equipment.
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an entire shift. Must be able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods. Must be able to climb ladders and work platforms. Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and paint fumes. Must be able to work under hot and cold conditions. Personal protective equipment (PPE), safety glasses and respirator will be required. Must be comfortable working within confined spaces and at various heights.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.
To apply for this job please visit janickiindustries.recruiterbox.com.