Do you want to take a role that can turn into a career with a large Whatcom county employer? Are you interested in joining a small, dedicated, high-performing team? If you have a history of reliability, teamwork, and good performance in previous roles, but found there wasn’t room to grow, consider working with Lynden Door.
ROLE: The Product Packager is an entry-level role, with no experience necessary, and training provided. They will be responsible for consistent and thorough packaging of our high-quality products for shipping to our customers throughout North America. The Machining Packager will be cross-trained and relied on to perform several other functions within our Machining department. They will be grown and developed in their role and given opportunities to advance.
HOURS: Day Shift, 4pm-12:30 am
- Package stacks of custom made-to-order doors for residential, commercial, and architectural customer segments for shipment across the US and Canada.
- Work in a team setting, communicating respectfully and demonstrating a consistent drive to learn, grow, make an impact, and succeed together.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner so all team members can work in a safe environment.
- Carry out basic investigation of issues and troubleshooting on equipment used for work.
- Watch for any quality control issues and act to correct it.
CORE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated reliability in previous roles, showing ability to serve as a team member who is a key part of shipping our product to customers in the time promised.
- Ability to do basic math dealing with 1/1000 of an inch measurement.
- Read and follow instructions; managing work flow effectively to meet manufacturing order due dates.
- Quickly learn and identify common door types, door part sizes and wood skin types.
- Be a motivated, quick problem solver who likes to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Maintain a positive, willing attitude.
- Lift 50+ pounds.
- Performing some repetitive motion and stand during shift.
- Driving a forklift is not necessary but is a plus.
- A woodworking and/or mechanical aptitude (preferred, not required).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $20 (includes shift premium of $1.65)
- Hours worked over 40hrs in a week are paid time and a half.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s) with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
To apply for this job please visit lyndendoor.applicantpro.com.