Learn a new trade! Bellingham Cold Storage provides the training and support you’ll need to become a forklift driver.
Forklift drivers at Bellingham Cold Storage may perform any of the following essential functions: Load and unload trucks, ships, railcars and containers. Assist other departments in moving equipment when necessary. Warehouse fresh and frozen product; run scanners, perform elementary math functions, perform light computer work, be trained to operate other equipment (i.e., pallet jack), stage product, lift up to 50 pounds. Bending and lifting is also a regular job function, as is continually getting on and off a forklift. Forklift drivers are expected to throw cases, do hand stows and perform regular labor functions.
This job involves lengthy periods of sitting, working in a very cold environment (temperatures ranging from 32 F to -20 F), lifting up to 50 pounds on a routine basis, walking on uneven cement floors, and twisting (to look behind the forklift). The use of handheld scanners is continuous. Work will be performed at both the Roeder Street and Orchard Drive warehouses, on day and night shifts.
- Punctual, regular attendance
- Ability to pass a math and literacy test, drug test and background check
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts (on occasion)
- Ability to comprehend, speak and read English
- Frequent engagement in teamwork by helping other BCS workers whenever and wherever a need is seen
Please visit our website for a full job description.
To apply for this job please visit www.bellcold.com.