We are a vertically integrated, family-owned company whose mission is to excel at developing, growing, and packing high quality, innovative berry products. Our vision is to be the industry leader in berry genetics, high yielding quality, and processing efficiency rooted in continuous improvement. As the quality control lab technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the established food safety and quality standards are always met. Your primary duties will include handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples, conduct quality tests; and report the findings to the lab supervisor.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and detail oriented team member who commits to quality work by being productive and efficient.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Collects and inspects fruit samples and packaging materials for quality according to USDA & customer specifications
- Records data and results in specified forms with accuracy & responsibility
- Always maintains a 5S work environment: sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain
- Clearly and concisely communicates with supervisors, managers, line operators and production employees
- Monitors and ensures that Good Manufacturing Practices are followed
- Stocks supplies in the lab as well as in the production area
- Promptly notifies and documents any food safety/quality concerns to lead or supervisor
- Attends and participates in all annual, departmental, and job specific required training
- Tests equipment regularly
- Collects samples send out to a third-party laboratory for pathogen and microbiological testing
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Year Round – Part Time
- 4:30AM – 11AM
- Three days a week, Wednesday through Friday preferred but flexible, and occasional Saturdays
- Relevant experience or degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Clear and concise communication skills
Works in cold (non-weather) conditions and in moderate to loud environments. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
Required to stand and walk for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, will frequently bend, kneel, extend, and walk upstairs. Occasionally lifts to 25 pounds and infrequently up to 40 pounds.
This is an In-Person job position. During COVID-19 and always, our number one priority is the safety of our employees. We have increased safety measures such as enforcing social distancing and increased regular sanitation and continuing to follow the CDC, State and Whatcom County Health Department guidelines.
Rooted in passion.
Cultivated in excellence.
Grown in Whatcom County.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org