Northwest Youth Services is excited to announce that we are seeking applicants for our Whatcom Housing Case Manager – Permanent Supportive Housing position!
Come join our team of dedicated professionals, who are committed to meeting youth where they are, with open minds and hearts.
Housing Case Manager – Permanent Supportive Housing
About Northwest Youth Services:
Northwest Youth Services is the only non-profit organization dedicated to serving young people ages 13-24 experiencing or at-risk of homelessness in Whatcom and Skagit Counties. We support youth in identifying goals and building the skills necessary to reach their own sense of stability. Northwest Youth Services offers housing, street outreach, help finding a job or enrolling in school, connection to mental health services, support for LGBTQ youth, restorative justice for juvenile offenders, and referrals to other services in the community.
Annually, we serve more than 1,250 youth between the ages of 13-24. What sets us apart is how we do what we do. At the core of our work is heart and relationships. Known for our strengths-based and trauma-informed approach, including a commitment to harm reduction, we meet youth where they are, with open minds and open hearts. As much an advocate for social justice as a direct service provider, we have a strong track record of serving LGBTQ youth and youth of color. Rather than dictate what youth should or must do to access services and remain in our programs, we offer options and a safety net to support them in achieving their own goals. We want what’s best for each individual and see the best in them.
The Housing Case Manager position contributes to NWYS’ success by engaging with youth directly and creating connections with the Whatcom County community to promote access to services youth need in order to become self-sufficient.
This position contributes to NWYS’ success by interacting with youth using a Positive Youth Development approach, and empowering youth to reach their goals.
The person who fills this position has a strong working knowledge of how social service systems operate, their limitations and advocacy needed, and possesses the empathy required to understand and relate to individuals who work within this field and the young people who interact with it.
For more detailed information about this position, please visit our website at https://www.nwys.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, or a minimum of three years’ experience working with young people in crisis;
- A minimum of: one year experience working with youth ages 11-24 or one year experience working as a Case Manager or two years’ experience working with other vulnerable populations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Proof of Washington State Driver’s License, driving record, and auto insurance; and
- Must pass background checks.
Required within first 30 days of employment:
- CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne pathogens certifications required;
- Must have a negative TB test; and
- Full understanding of the CPS reporting requirements.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field,
- Demonstrated experience working with young people in crisis;
- Demonstrated experience working with people experiencing homelessness;
- Demonstrated experience working in the housing field;
- Spanish, Russian, or ASL speakers preferred; and
- Previous training in de-escalation, Positive Youth Development, CSEC, Domestic Violence, Mental Health First Aid, or other related trainings.
- Starting Wage Range: $17.97 – $20.03 per hour;
- Earn 22 hours of PTO (sick and vacation) per month, vacation increases after first year of employment.
- Health benefits begin first of the month following two full months of employment.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with match up to 3% of employee contributions, per pay period, after first year of employment;
- This position is located in beautiful Whatcom County, Washington, in the Pacific Northwest.
Position opened until filled.
Women, people of color, transgender individuals and members of other underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: A cover letter and resume are preferred when applying for this position. Please address your experience related to the position and list how you meet the required minimum and preferred qualifications. For more information about Northwest Youth Services please visit our website at https://www.nwys.org
Northwest Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity employer. Employment is based upon individual qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disabilities, political ideology, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Alumni of foster care and those who have experienced youth homelessness are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org