Mt Baker Products has an immediate opening for a Sander Maintenance/Sander Operator on Graveyard Shift (10:30 pm – 7:00 am). We promptly review applications!
The Sander Maintenance/Operator position is responsible for the overall maintenance of the equipment, as well as sander operation. Responsibilities include maintaining and cleaning equipment and the work area (painting; floor cleaning, etc.), following all safety procedures and requirements (such as Lock Out/Tag Out). The position will inspect equipment regularly, and adjust, accordingly.
- Lock out/tag out when any repair, maintenance or cleaning is required/performed.
- Inspect equipment before sanding.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance plan with supervisors.
- Crawl underneath equipment to clean and inspect roller chain, rubber rolls.
- Replace and/or adjust V-belts and sheaves, sprocket and roller chain, air pressure regulators, flat belt and pullies, sanding heads for level.
- Run test panels.
- Read orders and check for special/specific mill notes.
- Coordinate with the Sander Driver which panels need to be sanded in order.
- Check tickets for cut size, thickness, quantity, species.
- Adjust rollers, sanders, and table for width and thickness.
- Change sanding paper, as needed.
- Communicate with team about upcoming product.
- Report any quality or productivity concerns to shift supervisor.
- Report any downtime immediately to shift supervisor and maintenance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- HS diploma or GED.
- On the job training provided; previous experience in manufacturing/production, machine maintenance or other mechanical background is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and understand mill notes on tickets.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Proficient in basic computer skills (such as MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook) or other similar software; familiarity with warehouse software helpful.
- Ability to understand mechanics of the sanding machine to ensure that product specifications are set prior to operation, but open to discussion.
Ability to be flexible in work performed and scheduled; ability to work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Ability to take supervisory direction and work cooperatively with co-workers in and across departments.
- Ability to maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Ability to follow all standard work procedures in a safe manner.
- Ability to identify safety concerns on equipment and machinery and to appropriately escalate issues to management; ability to use and promote the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Our company offers a competitive benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D and 401k programs, in addition to paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Mt Baker Products is a Drug Free Workplace; a pre-employment drug test, which includes marijuana, is required.
Apply online or stop by our offices at 2929 Roeder Ave. in Bellingham, Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, to pick up an application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com