WECU has Teller positions throughout Whatcom County in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden, Blaine and Everson.
As a Teller, you will strive to make a difference in member’s lives, as defined by WECU’s mission and vision. This position is responsible for processing a wide variety of member transactions while consistently referring members for other financial services.
To view and apply for current Teller positions available at WECU, please visit https://www.wecu.com/careers-at-wecu/.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To view a complete list of duties and responsibilities for tellers at WECU, please visit https://www.wecu.com/careers-at-wecu/.
- Successful tellers consistently meet standards in all areas of the position. They consistently meet referral goals and possess the ability to handle cash transactions quickly and accurately. Tellers must present themselves in a positive, professional, cooperative manner toward members and fellow employees, with sound interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum: high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Preferred: related experience and/or training as a teller/service representative, customer service with cash handling or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant training in a credit union, bank or other financial institution. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Tellers should have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. They should be able to write simple correspondence, and they should effectively present information in one-on-one situations to members, potential members and other employees of the credit union.
- Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with people inside and/or outside the organization.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Tellers should be able to operate general office machines and equipment, including photocopiers, fax machines, adding machines, computers, and currency and coin counters. Tellers should be able to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 126,000 members, and over 1.6 billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.wecu.com.