What makes us unique
Ambitions of Washington started supporting people with developmental disabilities in 1992, with a small group of people who were discharged from a state institution as part of a downsizing effort in Washington state. To many, this group was considered a test case on the validity of community support. Half of the this group consisted of people with significant medical needs, while the other half consisted of people with significant behavioral support needs. Many professionals within the institution predicted failure within the first three months. Now almost three decades later, the same people and many more continue to successfully live and work in the community. We are proud to be able to be a part of making that transition and continue to provide the necessary supports for each and every one of our clients. We truly value our clients, they each require a different levels of care, each of them have an opportunity to set some of their own life goals as we support what they need and what they want to allow them to meet them and live their very best quality life.
- Established 1992
- Employ approximately 1,000 people throughout Washington state.
Direct Support Professionals help to provide care and supervision for adults with developmental disabilities in a home and community setting. Friendly, positive work environment designed to accommodate personal and professional growth. You are able to use your recreational interests and community familiarity to teach our clients how to live and work in their communities. We are seeking individuals to provide support, instruction and security to our amazing clients. This really is a rewarding hands-on opportunity to build job and life skills while providing flexibility. We offer various shifts – day, swing and graveyard depending on agency and client needs. We provide all of the training as long as the applicant meets the minimum job requirements! First Aid, CPR and Nursing Assistant Registration certification training upon hire!
Requirements and Qualification:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid WA state driver’s license, current auto insurance, and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to pass the required Criminal Background Check.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English well enough to read and document in client records according to WA state law.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unaided.
- Ambitions is a drug free workplace. Screening tests for alcohol and illegal drug use may be required before hiring and during employment with Ambitions of Washington.
If you have any questions about the position or would like to submit your resume to WhatcomJobs@wa.ambitions.org.
- Medical, dental and vision available (must work 30+ hours per week, first of the month following 60 days of employment).
- 401(k) retirement plan w/company match (available after 1 year, must be 21 years old)
- Accrued Paid Time-off
- A fun and supportive work environment!