We’re on a mission to bring career opportunities and build bridges between our future workforce and local northwest employers.
As part of the High School and Beyond Plan, required of all Washington State graduates, high school juniors and seniors will be able to participate in two Career Clusters breakouts of their choice during the virtual events. With your support, the program rollout will begin at Blaine High School and expand throughout Whatcom County and beyond.
Want to know more?
See below for sample Career Fair Agenda and Industry Career Clusters.
Become a supporter for just $500!
Your tax-deductible support includes:
• company logo added to flyer distributed through northwest schools
• company logo added to YES Whatcom website
If you’d like to become a supporter today and pay with a credit card, click here.
Donations by check should be made payable to Whatcom Business Alliance Research and Education, (a 501c3), and mailed to Whatcom Business Alliance, 2423 E Bakerview Rd., Bellingham WA 98226.
Thank you to the following companies for their support:
Opening & Introduction
[10:00 – 10:15am]
Host introductions, overview, purpose, outcomes for the event; short intro video.
[Breakout 1: 10:15 – 10:40am]
[Breakout 2: 10:40 – 11:10am]
Students will choose two sessions of interest and divide into six Industry Cluster ‘rooms’, up to 50 students each.
Each Industry Cluster ‘room’ will have one moderator and three panelists from different employers in each industry field.
Students will have the opportunity for Q&A via live chat during their sessions.
[11:10 – 11:30am]
Explore other opportunities. Present basics of reaching out for employment and how to contact industry participants.
SAMPLE INDUSTRY CAREER CLUSTERS*
1. Manufacturing / Construction
2. Health Services
3. Agriculture / Food & Natural Resources
4. Finance / Business Management
5. Transportation / Distribution & Logistics
6. Law Enforcement / Military / Security
* 6 of the 16 established Career Clusters will be used due to time constraints and may vary depending on availability of panelists.